Subject: [OMPI users] "Error setting file view" NPB BTIO
From: kmehta_at_[hidden]
Date: 2013-03-20 17:08:16

Hello ,

I am running NAS parallel benchmark's BTIO benchmark (NPB v 3.3) for class
D and 1 process.

`make bt CLASS=D SUBTYPE=full NPROCS=1`

I have provided gcc's `mcmodel=medium` flag alongwith -O3 during
compilation. This is on an x86_64 machine.

I have tested with openmpi 1.4.3, 1.7, but I get "Error setting file view"
when I run the benchmark. It works fine for 4,16 processes. Can someone
point out what is going wrong? Thanks in advance.

NAS Parallel Benchmarks 3.3 -- BT Benchmark

 No input file inputbt.data. Using compiled defaults
 Size: 408x 408x 408
 Iterations: 250 dt: 0.0000200
 Number of active processes: 1

 BTIO -- FULL MPI-IO write interval: 5

 Error setting file view
mpirun has exited due to process rank 0 with PID 6663 on
node crill-003 exiting without calling "finalize". This may
have caused other processes in the application to be
terminated by signals sent by mpirun (as reported here).

Regards,
Kshitij Mehta
PhD student
University of Houston