Subject: Re: [OMPI users] modified hostfile does not work with openmpi1.7rc8
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-18 15:42:42

On Mar 17, 2013, at 10:55 PM, Gustavo Correa <gus_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> In your example, have you tried not to modify the node file,
> launch two mpi processes with mpiexec, and request a "-bynode" distribution of processes:
>
> mpiexec -bynode -np 2 ./my_program

This should work in 1.7, too (I use these kinds of options with SLURM all the time).

However, we should probably verify that the hostfile functionality in batch jobs hasn't been broken in 1.7, too, because I'm pretty sure that what you described should work. However, Ralph, our run-time guy, is on vacation this week. There might be a delay in checking into this.