Subject: [OMPI users] openmpi java binding errors
From: Huasha Zhao (creislerzhao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-13 22:59:28

Hi all,

I encountered an error when running openmpi Java applications (it works
fine with c/c++ applications). The java code compiles successfully, but it
crashed at runtime with:

NO LT_DLADVISE - CANNOT LOAD LIBOMPI

JAVA BINDINGS FAILED TO LOAD REQUIRED LIBRARIES
I think it has to do with dynamically loading native libraries. Since I
have no experiences with JNI, I would like to resort to the community to
help solve the problem.

This is how exactly I install openmpi (on a EC2 AMI linux instance). I use
a nightly snapshot openmpi-1.9r28157.tar.gz

sudo ./configure --enable-mpi-java --prefix=/usr/local
sudo make all install

I also set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include "/usr/local/lib" which has
"libmpi.so".

Thanks,

--
Chris Zhao