Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Which MPI data types correspond to ptrdiff_t and to size_t in C?
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-13 19:42:19

MPI_Aint is always signed, as it is supposed to be able to hold any relative difference between two memory locations. This it is a good match for ptrdiff_t.

There is no direct match for size_t, at least not directly exposed by the MPI standard (using the MPI-2.2 POSIX types, e.g MPI_UINT64_T). My understanding is that size_t is unsigned, and ssize_t is the signed synonym.

  George.