Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi-1.6.4 mpicc fails to compile hello_c.c
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-07 16:01:57

On Mar 7, 2013, at 1:16 PM, Limin Gu <lgu_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> "ldd hello_cxx" gave me some clue, and I found it was linked to some mpich library which was installed under/usr/lib64. When I removed mpich libraries, and recompile, everything includes mpicc and mpirun worked fine.
>
> I didn't have that problem with eariler openmpi versions like 1.6.x and 1.5.x. I would like to keep mpich libraries on the system, is there any confiure option I can use to make 1.6.4 library link the same as 1.6.3?

This doesn't sound right -- I don't think we changed how linking worked in 1.6.3 and 1.6.4.

Are you sure that, on that same machine with MPICH installed in /usr/lib64, you're also able to compile/link/use 1.6.3 properly?

A wild guess: you have some kind of linker configuration that is putting /usr/lib64 ahead of -L-specified paths on the compiler command line.