Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI job launch failures
From: Bharath Ramesh (bramesh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-14 11:38:51

Is there any way to prevent the output of more than one node
written to the same line. I tried setting --output-filename,
which didnt help. For some reason only stdout was written to the
files. Making it little bit hard to read close to a 6M output
file.

--
Bharath
On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 07:35:02AM -0800, Ralph Castain wrote:
> Sounds like the orteds aren't reporting back to mpirun after launch. The MPI_proctable observation just means that the procs didn't launch in those cases where it is absent, which is something you already observed.
>
> Set "-mca plm_base_verbose 5" on your cmd line. You should see each orted report back to mpirun after it launches. If not, then it is likely that something is blocking it.
>
> You could also try updating to 1.6.3/4 in case there is some race condition in 1.6.1, though we haven't heard of it to-date.
>

> On Feb 14, 2013, at 7:21 AM, Bharath Ramesh <bramesh_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > On our cluster we are noticing intermediate job launch failure when using OpenMPI. We are currently using OpenMPI-1.6.1 on our cluster and it is integrated with Torque-4.1.3. It failes even for a simple MPI hello world applications. The issue is that orted gets launched on all the nodes but there are a bunch of nodes that dont launch the actual MPI application. There are no errors reported when the job gets killed because the walltime expires. Enabling --debug-daemons doesnt show any errors either. The only difference being that successful runs have MPI_proctable listed and for failures this is absent. Any help in debugging this issue is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > --
> > Bharath

  • application/x-pkcs7-signature attachment: smime.p7s