Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Which type of collective call is called?
From: Shamis, Pavel (shamisp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-13 11:44:16

For each communicator OMPI manages a table of collective functions. In order to pass the communicator initialization, the table should be filled with functions.
The "tuned" component doesn't provide all functions (at least it used to be this way). In order fill the table
you should use tuned,basic collectives. The tuned component has higher priority, therefore if tuned function is available, it is used by default.
Otherwise basic component is used. This was a short background on collectives implementation :)

By default Open MPI configured to used tuned, so you don't have to pass any special parameters.

Pavel (Pasha) Shamis

---
Computer Science Research Group
Computer Science and Math Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
On Feb 13, 2013, at 12:56 AM, Vishwanath Venkatesan <venkates_at_[hidden]<mailto:venkates_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
Just use --mca coll tuned in the command line to force use of tuned collectives.
Best,
Vish
Vishwanath Venkatesan
Graduate Research Assistant
Parallel Software Technologies Lab
Department of Computer Science
University of Houston
TX, USA
www.cs.uh.edu/~venkates<http://www.cs.uh.edu/~venkates>
On Feb 12, 2013, at 10:49 PM, Kranthi Kumar wrote:
Hello Sir,
In the implementation of MPI there are so many collective call implementations. I just want to when is the tuned collective calls called.
What is it that I need to so that always tuned collective calls are called?
Thank You
--