Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Building 1.6.3 on OS X 10.8
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-11 15:03:29

On Feb 11, 2013, at 2:46 PM, Mark Bolstad <the.render.dude_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> That's what I noticed, no .so's (actually, I noticed that the dlname in the .la file is empty. thank you, dtruss)

Please send all the information listed here:

    http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/

> I've built it two different ways:
> --disable-mpi-f77
>
> and
> --prefix=/Users/bolstadm/papillon/build/macosx-x86_64/Release/openmpi-1.6.3 --disable-mpi-f77 --with-openib=no --enable-shared --disable-static
>
> Both give me the same errors and no .so's.

That's weird -- it should make .so's in both cases.

> I noticed that I point to the maports libtool (/opt/local/bin/libtool) so I changed the path to find /usr/bin first to no avail. I changed the compiler from gcc to clang and that didn't work either.

configure/make should be using the "libtool" that is internal to the expanded tarball tree, so whichever libtool your PATH points to shouldn't matter.

> Where do the shared objects get created in the build cycle?

All throughout the build, actually. Generally, they're created in the */mca/*/* directories in the source tree.