Subject: Re: [OMPI users] I have still a problem with rankfiles in openmpi-1.6.4rc3
From: Eugene Loh (eugene.loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-07 11:41:49

On 02/07/13 01:05, Siegmar Gross wrote:

> thank you very much for your patch. I have applied the patch to
> openmpi-1.6.4rc4.
>
> Open MPI: 1.6.4rc4r28022
> : [B .][. .] (slot list 0:0)
> : [. B][. .] (slot list 0:1)
> : [B B][. .] (slot list 0:0-1)
> : [. .][B .] (slot list 1:0)
> : [. .][. B] (slot list 1:1)
> : [. .][B B] (slot list 1:0-1)
> : [B B][B B] (slot list 0:0-1,1:0-1)

That looks great. I'll file a CMR to get this patch into 1.6. Unless you indicate otherwise, I'll assume this issue is understood
for 1.6.

> I get the following output for an unpatched openmpi-1.9.
>
> Open MPI: 1.9a1r28035

Right. There is something else going on for 1.9. I think OMPI 1.9 is corrupting the binding strings. In my case, I said "0:1" and
the internal string was "0,1". So, although I should have binding to only one core (0:1), OMPI was trying to bind to two of them
(0,1). I'm still waiting for a response to other e-mail where I asked for hints where to find the problem in the source code.