Subject: Re: [OMPI users] configure: error: Could not run a simple Fortran 77 program. Aborting.
From: Syed Ahsan Ali (ahsanshah01_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-06 22:27:25

Thanks Jeff Actually libgfortran.so.3 was not present. I reinstalled
gfortran with multilib support

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 10:38 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres_at_[hidden]
> wrote:

> What is happening is that configure is trying to compile and run a fortran
> test with gfortran and it is failing because it can't find
> libgfortran.so.3. Here's the relevant lines from config.log:
>
> -----
> configure:28735: gfortran -o conftest conftest.f >&5
> configure:28735: $? = 0
> configure:28735: ./conftest
> ./conftest: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.3: cannot
> configure:28735: $? = 127
> configure: program exited with status 127
> configure: failed program was:
> | program main
> |
> | end
> configure:28751: result: no
> configure:28765: error: Could not run a simple Fortran 77 program.
> Aborting.
> -----
>
> Perhaps you need to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to where libgfortran
> is located?
>
> In short: when you can run gfortran manually to compile/run trivial
> fortran programs, then configure will succeed.
>

> On Feb 1, 2013, at 5:58 AM, Syed Ahsan Ali <ahsanshah01_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

> > I am getting following error while bulding openmpi
> >
> > *** Fortran 90/95 compiler
> > checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran compiler... yes
> > checking whether gfortran accepts -g... yes
> > checking if Fortran 77 compiler works... no
> > * It appears that your Fortran 77 compiler is unable to produce working
> > * executables. A simple test application failed to properly
> > * execute. Note that this is likely not a problem with Open MPI,
> > * but a problem with the local compiler installation. More
> > * information (including exactly what command was given to the
> > * compiler and what error resulted when the command was executed) is
> > * available in the config.log file in this directory.

> Jeff Squyres
> jsquyres_at_[hidden]

Syed Ahsan Ali Bokhari
Electronic Engineer (EE)
Research & Development Division
Pakistan Meteorological Department H-8/4, Islamabad.
Phone # off  +92518358714
Cell # +923155145014