Subject: Re: [OMPI users] I have still a problem with rankfiles in openmpi-1.6.4rc3
From: Eugene Loh (eugene.loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-06 14:23:32

On 02/06/13 04:29, Siegmar Gross wrote:
> Hi
>
> thank you very much for your answer. I have compiled your program
> and get different behaviours for openmpi-1.6.4rc3 and openmpi-1.9.

Yes, something else seems to be going on for 1.9.

For 1.6, try the attached patch. It works for me, but my machines have flatter (less interesting) topology. It'd be great if you
could try

   % mpirun --report-bindings --rankfile myrankfile ./a.out

with that check program I sent and with the following rankfiles:

rank 0=sunpc1 slot=0:0
rank 0=sunpc1 slot=0:1
rank 0=sunpc1 slot=0:0-1
rank 0=sunpc1 slot=1:0
rank 0=sunpc1 slot=1:1
rank 0=sunpc1 slot=1:0-1
rank 0=sunpc1 slot=0:0-1,1:0-1

where each line represents a different rankfile.