Subject: Re: [OMPI users] control openmpi or force to use pbs?
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-06 10:45:03

On 02/06/2013 06:25 AM, Duke Nguyen wrote:
> On 2/5/13 11:20 PM, John Hearns wrote:
>> Lart your users. Its the only way.
>> they will thank you for it it, eventually.
>> www.catb.org/jargon/html/L/LART.html
>> <http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/L/LART.html>
>>

> Not sure if I get this right (first time heard of LART anyway)... Do you
> mean that we should *educate* our users?
>
> Thanks,
>
> D.

It's the preferred method on many sites,
as recommended by the masterwork of BOFH.
As John suggested, it may be little rough,
but can be very effective. :)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/data_centre/bofh/

However, if you configure torque --with-pam, and set it
up to prevent users to login or launch non-Torque processes
on nodes, you may never need to use a LART.

Regards,
Gus