Subject: Re: [OMPI users] configure: error: Could not run a simple Fortran 77 program. Aborting.
From: Syed Ahsan Ali (ahsanshah01_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-01 11:08:28

Dear Jeff

Thanks for reply. You are always very helpful.

Please note that openmpi version is 1.6.3
Rest log files are attatched,
On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres)
<jsquyres_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> configure is not finding a working Fortran compiler. Please send all the
> information listed here:
>
> http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/
>

> On Feb 1, 2013, at 5:58 AM, Syed Ahsan Ali <ahsanshah01_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

> > I am getting following error while bulding openmpi
> >
> > *** Fortran 90/95 compiler
> > checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran compiler... yes
> > checking whether gfortran accepts -g... yes
> > checking if Fortran 77 compiler works... no
> > * It appears that your Fortran 77 compiler is unable to produce working
> > * executables. A simple test application failed to properly
> > * execute. Note that this is likely not a problem with Open MPI,
> > * but a problem with the local compiler installation. More
> > * information (including exactly what command was given to the
> > * compiler and what error resulted when the command was executed) is
> > * available in the config.log file in this directory.

> Jeff Squyres
> jsquyres_at_[hidden]

Syed Ahsan Ali Bokhari
Electronic Engineer (EE)
Research & Development Division
Pakistan Meteorological Department H-8/4, Islamabad.
Phone # off  +92518358714
Cell # +923155145014
** WARNING:  This email contains an attachment of a very suspicious type.  **
** You are urged NOT to open this attachment unless you are absolutely     **
** sure it is legitimate.  Opening this attachment may cause irreparable   **
** damage to your computer and your files.  If you have any questions      **
** about the validity of this message, PLEASE SEEK HELP BEFORE OPENING IT. **
** This warning was added by the IU Computer Science Dept. mail scanner.   **