Subject: Re: [OMPI users] [EXTERNAL] Re: problem building 32-bit openmpi-1.9a1r27979 with Sun C
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-30 17:49:11

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Barrett, Brian W <bwbarre_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> As for the warnings about anachronisms, that I can't help on.

This one is actually really funny. The function MPI_Register_datarep
is defined in the mpi.c as {extern "C"}. As some of the arguments are
pointers to function, they automatically become typed as {extern "C"}.
But in the Cxx interface, the arguments are not types as {extern "C"}
which trigger the compiler warning.

I don't think it is necessary to fix this, as the callback functions
should not be types as {extern "C"}. The compiler is a little too
cautious.

  George.