Open MPI logo

Open MPI User's Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |   all Open MPI User's mailing list

Subject: Re: [OMPI users] [EXTERNAL] Re: problem building 32-bit openmpi-1.9a1r27979 with Sun C
From: Barrett, Brian W (bwbarre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-30 14:01:18


Actually, the errors are in code that has changed. A couple weeks ago, we
removed the inline assembly support for C++, but I'm guessing not entirely
correctly. That is, I believe something is wrong in the #defines such
that opal_atomic_add_32 is being declared inline, but no inline body will
be provided, so it all falls down. Siegmar, can you send me your
opal/include/opal_config.h file when running with the Studio compilers? I
don't have then available on x86 and it's probably faster for you to send
me the files than for me to try to setup a Linux box with the compilers
installed.

As for the warnings about anachronisms, that I can't help on.

Brian

On 1/30/13 11:42 AM, "Jeff Squyres (jsquyres)" <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>Weird. This particular code hasn't changed in a *long* time.
>
>Do you have successful oSUSE 12.1 and Sol x86_64 builds on this platform?
>
>
>On Jan 30, 2013, at 1:27 PM, Siegmar Gross
><Siegmar.Gross_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> today I tried to install openmpi-1.9a1r2797 on SunOS 10 Sparc,
>> SunOS 10 x86_64, and Linux x86_64 with Sun C 5.12. I succeeded
>> with all 64-bit systems and the 32-bit system on Solaris Sparc.
>>
>> On Linux (openSUSE 12.1) and Solaris x86_64 I got the following
>> errors.
>>
>> tyr openmpi-1.9 245 tail
>>
>>openmpi-1.9-SunOS.x86_64.32_cc/log.make.SunOS.x86_64.32_cc"../../../../op
>>enmpi-1
>> .9a1r27979/ompi/mpi/cxx/file.cc", line 197: Warning (Anachronism):
>>Formal
>> argument read_conversion_fn of type extern "C"
>> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*) in call to
>> MPI_Register_datarep(char*, extern "C"
>> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
>> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
>> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*), void*) is being passed
>> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*).
>> "../../../../openmpi-1.9a1r27979/ompi/mpi/cxx/file.cc", line 199:
>>Warning
>> (Anachronism): Formal argument dtype_file_extent_fn of type extern "C"
>> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*) in call to
>>MPI_Register_datarep(char*,
>> extern "C" int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*),
>>extern "C"
>> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
>> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*), void*) is being passed
>> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*).
>> "../../../../openmpi-1.9a1r27979/ompi/mpi/cxx/file.cc", line 224:
>>Warning
>> (Anachronism): Formal argument dtype_file_extent_fn of type extern "C"
>> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*) in call to
>>MPI_Register_datarep(char*,
>> extern "C" int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*),
>>extern "C"
>> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
>> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*), void*) is being passed
>> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*).
>> "../../../../openmpi-1.9a1r27979/ompi/mpi/cxx/file.cc", Error: The
>>function
>> opal_atomic_add_32(volatile int*, int) has not had a body defined.
>> 1 Error(s) and 8 Warning(s) detected.
>> make[2]: *** [file.lo] Error 1
>> make[2]: Leaving directory
>> `/export2/src/openmpi-1.9/openmpi-1.9-SunOS.x86_64.32_cc/ompi/mpi/cxx'
>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>> `/export2/src/openmpi-1.9/openmpi-1.9-SunOS.x86_64.32_cc/ompi'
>> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>
>>
>> tyr openmpi-1.9 246 tail
>>
>>openmpi-1.9-Linux.x86_64.32_cc/log.make.Linux.x86_64.32_cc"../../../../op
>>enmpi-1
>> .9a1r27979/ompi/mpi/cxx/file.cc", line 197: Warning (Anachronism):
>>Formal
>> argument read_conversion_fn of type extern "C"
>> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*) in call to
>> MPI_Register_datarep(char*, extern "C"
>> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
>> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
>> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*), void*) is being passed
>> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*).
>> "../../../../openmpi-1.9a1r27979/ompi/mpi/cxx/file.cc", line 199:
>>Warning
>> (Anachronism): Formal argument dtype_file_extent_fn of type extern "C"
>> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*) in call to
>>MPI_Register_datarep(char*,
>> extern "C" int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*),
>>extern "C"
>> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
>> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*), void*) is being passed
>> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*).
>> "../../../../openmpi-1.9a1r27979/ompi/mpi/cxx/file.cc", line 224:
>>Warning
>> (Anachronism): Formal argument dtype_file_extent_fn of type extern "C"
>> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*) in call to
>>MPI_Register_datarep(char*,
>> extern "C" int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*),
>>extern "C"
>> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
>> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*), void*) is being passed
>> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*).
>> "../../../../openmpi-1.9a1r27979/ompi/mpi/cxx/file.cc", Error: The
>>function
>> opal_atomic_add_32(volatile int*, int) has not had a body defined.
>> 1 Error(s) and 8 Warning(s) detected.
>> make[2]: *** [file.lo] Error 1
>> make[2]: Leaving directory
>> `/export2/src/openmpi-1.9/openmpi-1.9-Linux.x86_64.32_cc/ompi/mpi/cxx'
>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>> `/export2/src/openmpi-1.9/openmpi-1.9-Linux.x86_64.32_cc/ompi'
>> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> tyr openmpi-1.9 247
>>
>>
>>
>> Perhaps somebody can fix the problem. Thank you very much for your
>> help in advance.
>>
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Siegmar
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> users mailing list
>> users_at_[hidden]
>> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users
>
>
>--
>Jeff Squyres
>jsquyres_at_[hidden]
>For corporate legal information go to:
>http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>users mailing list
>users_at_[hidden]
>http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users
>
>

--
  Brian W. Barrett
  Scalable System Software Group
  Sandia National Laboratories


  • application/pkcs7-signature attachment: smime.p7s