Open MPI logo

Open MPI User's Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |   all Open MPI User's mailing list

Subject: Re: [OMPI users] problem building 32-bit openmpi-1.9a1r27979 with Sun C
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-30 13:42:43


Weird. This particular code hasn't changed in a *long* time.

Do you have successful oSUSE 12.1 and Sol x86_64 builds on this platform?

On Jan 30, 2013, at 1:27 PM, Siegmar Gross <Siegmar.Gross_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> today I tried to install openmpi-1.9a1r2797 on SunOS 10 Sparc,
> SunOS 10 x86_64, and Linux x86_64 with Sun C 5.12. I succeeded
> with all 64-bit systems and the 32-bit system on Solaris Sparc.
>
> On Linux (openSUSE 12.1) and Solaris x86_64 I got the following
> errors.
>
> tyr openmpi-1.9 245 tail
> openmpi-1.9-SunOS.x86_64.32_cc/log.make.SunOS.x86_64.32_cc"../../../../openmpi-1
> .9a1r27979/ompi/mpi/cxx/file.cc", line 197: Warning (Anachronism): Formal
> argument read_conversion_fn of type extern "C"
> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*) in call to
> MPI_Register_datarep(char*, extern "C"
> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*), void*) is being passed
> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*).
> "../../../../openmpi-1.9a1r27979/ompi/mpi/cxx/file.cc", line 199: Warning
> (Anachronism): Formal argument dtype_file_extent_fn of type extern "C"
> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*) in call to MPI_Register_datarep(char*,
> extern "C" int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*), void*) is being passed
> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*).
> "../../../../openmpi-1.9a1r27979/ompi/mpi/cxx/file.cc", line 224: Warning
> (Anachronism): Formal argument dtype_file_extent_fn of type extern "C"
> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*) in call to MPI_Register_datarep(char*,
> extern "C" int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*), void*) is being passed
> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*).
> "../../../../openmpi-1.9a1r27979/ompi/mpi/cxx/file.cc", Error: The function
> opal_atomic_add_32(volatile int*, int) has not had a body defined.
> 1 Error(s) and 8 Warning(s) detected.
> make[2]: *** [file.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/export2/src/openmpi-1.9/openmpi-1.9-SunOS.x86_64.32_cc/ompi/mpi/cxx'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/export2/src/openmpi-1.9/openmpi-1.9-SunOS.x86_64.32_cc/ompi'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
>
> tyr openmpi-1.9 246 tail
> openmpi-1.9-Linux.x86_64.32_cc/log.make.Linux.x86_64.32_cc"../../../../openmpi-1
> .9a1r27979/ompi/mpi/cxx/file.cc", line 197: Warning (Anachronism): Formal
> argument read_conversion_fn of type extern "C"
> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*) in call to
> MPI_Register_datarep(char*, extern "C"
> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*), void*) is being passed
> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*).
> "../../../../openmpi-1.9a1r27979/ompi/mpi/cxx/file.cc", line 199: Warning
> (Anachronism): Formal argument dtype_file_extent_fn of type extern "C"
> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*) in call to MPI_Register_datarep(char*,
> extern "C" int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*), void*) is being passed
> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*).
> "../../../../openmpi-1.9a1r27979/ompi/mpi/cxx/file.cc", line 224: Warning
> (Anachronism): Formal argument dtype_file_extent_fn of type extern "C"
> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*) in call to MPI_Register_datarep(char*,
> extern "C" int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
> int(*)(void*,ompi_datatype_t*,int,void*,long long,void*), extern "C"
> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*), void*) is being passed
> int(*)(ompi_datatype_t*,int*,void*).
> "../../../../openmpi-1.9a1r27979/ompi/mpi/cxx/file.cc", Error: The function
> opal_atomic_add_32(volatile int*, int) has not had a body defined.
> 1 Error(s) and 8 Warning(s) detected.
> make[2]: *** [file.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/export2/src/openmpi-1.9/openmpi-1.9-Linux.x86_64.32_cc/ompi/mpi/cxx'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/export2/src/openmpi-1.9/openmpi-1.9-Linux.x86_64.32_cc/ompi'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> tyr openmpi-1.9 247
>
>
>
> Perhaps somebody can fix the problem. Thank you very much for your
> help in advance.
>
>
> Kind regards
>
> Siegmar
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> users_at_[hidden]
> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users

-- 
Jeff Squyres
jsquyres_at_[hidden]
For corporate legal information go to: http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/