Subject: [OMPI users] Error when attempting to run LAMMPS on Centos 6.2 with OpenMPI
From: #YEO JINGJIE# (JYEO1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-24 21:35:39

Dear users,

Maybe something went wrong as I was compiling OpenMPI, I am very new to linux. When I try to run LAMMPS using the following command:

/usr/lib64/openmpi/bin/mpirun -n 16 /opt/lammps-21Jan13/lmp_linux < zigzag.in

I get the following errors:

[NTU-2:28895] [[INVALID],INVALID] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file ess_hnp_module.c at line 194
It looks like orte_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort. There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during orte_init; some of which are due to configuration or
environment problems. This failure appears to be an internal failure;
here's some additional information (which may only be relevant to an
Open MPI developer):

  orte_plm_base_select failed
  --> Returned value Not found (-13) instead of ORTE_SUCCESS
[NTU-2:28895] [[INVALID],INVALID] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file runtime/orte_init.c at line 128
It looks like orte_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort. There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during orte_init; some of which are due to configuration or
environment problems. This failure appears to be an internal failure;
here's some additional information (which may only be relevant to an
Open MPI developer):

  orte_ess_set_name failed
  --> Returned value Not found (-13) instead of ORTE_SUCCESS
[NTU-2:28895] [[INVALID],INVALID] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Not found in file orterun.c at line 616

Regards,
Jingjie Yeo
Ph.D. Student
School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore