Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OPENMPI_ORTE_LOG_ERROR
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-23 08:04:19

Are you able to run the C examples in the examples/ directory from the tarball?

Our README suggests the following:

-----
When verifying a new Open MPI installation, we recommend running three
tests:

1. Use "mpirun" to launch a non-MPI program (e.g., hostname or uptime)
   across multiple nodes.

2. Use "mpirun" to launch a trivial MPI program that does no MPI
   communication (e.g., the hello_c program in the examples/ directory
   in the Open MPI distribution).

3. Use "mpirun" to launch a trivial MPI program that sends and
   receives a few MPI messages (e.g., the ring_c program in the
   examples/ directory in the Open MPI distribution).

If you can run all three of these tests successfully, that is a good
indication that Open MPI built and installed properly.
-----