Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MXM vs OpenIB
From: Brock Palen (brockp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-22 16:05:21

No there would be no overlap.

We run a large legacy condo, with several islands of Infiniband of different ages and types. Users run within their condo/ib island. So PSM users only run on PSM nodes they own, and there is no overlap.

Our jobs range from 4 cores to 1000 cores, looking at the FAQ page it states that MXM was used in the past only for >128 ranks, but is in 1.6 used for rank counts of any size.

I think we will do some testing, we never even heard of MXM before,

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
CAEN Advanced Computing
brockp_at_[hidden]