Subject: [OMPI users] MXM vs OpenIB
From: Brock Palen (brockp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-22 11:24:24

We just learned about MXM, and given most our cards are Mellonox ConnectX cards (though not all, have have islands of previous to ConnectX and Qlogic supported in the same OpenMPI environment),

Will MXM correctly fail though to PSM if on qlogic gear and fail though to OpenIB if on previous to connectX cards?

Lastly looking at the faq looks like MXM is used by default if available over openIB

Should I take that to mean "use MXM if available and supported" ? As in only use openib if that is the only thing you have?

Thanks!

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
CAEN Advanced Computing