Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Help: OpenMPI Compilation in Raspberry Pi
From: Lee Eric (openlinuxsource_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-19 13:05:31

Hi,

The cross-compile issue I fixed. Check following source code:
opal_config_asm.m4:897: [AC_MSG_ERROR([No atomic primitives available
for $host])])

It seems that checks the toolchain's tuple is one of: armv7* or armv6*
or armv5*. I have recompiled my toolchain and no such error occurred.
However, I hit another issue about fortran as configure running.

*** Fortran 90/95 compiler
checking for armv6-rpi-linux-gnueabi-gfortran...
armv6-rpi-linux-gnueabi-gfortran
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran compiler... yes
checking whether armv6-rpi-linux-gnueabi-gfortran accepts -g... yes
checking if Fortran 77 compiler works... links (cross compiling)
checking armv6-rpi-linux-gnueabi-gfortran external symbol
convention... single underscore
checking if C and Fortran 77 are link compatible... yes
checking to see if F77 compiler likes the C++ exception flags...
skipped (no C++ exceptions flags)
checking to see if mpif77/mpif90 compilers need additional linker flags... none
checking if Fortran 77 compiler supports CHARACTER... yes
checking size of Fortran 77 CHARACTER... configure: error: Can not
determine size of CHARACTER when cross-compiling

Any hint? Thanks.

Eric