Subject: Re: [OMPI users] [Open MPI] #3351: JAVA scatter error
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-11 10:59:58

On Jan 7, 2013, at 10:09 AM, Siegmar Gross <Siegmar.Gross_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I manually applied your patch to openmpi-1.9a1r27668, because
> "patch -i resized.patch" couldn't find ompi/mpi/java/c/mpijava.exp
> (it seems that this file isn't available in any tar ball).

Huh. It's in our SVN, but I see you're right -- it's not in tarballs. I wonder what this file is for, then? Hmm.

> "sizeof" as far as I know)? I will rewrite my programs with 2D arrays
> so that they only use 1D arrays if Open MPI cannot provide a solution
> for Datatype.Vector which supports Java 2D arrays. Thank you very
> much for your help.

This is probably your best bet for now.

The more I think and talk about this with Ralph, the more convinced I am that the JAva interface needs to be written to be a much more 1:1-like interface with the C bindings... (very much like the C++ bindings)