Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Cannot run MPI job across nodes using OpenMPI in F17
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-13 11:03:12

The name "Beowulf Cluster" typically refers to systems that used the bproc environment, which kinda fell out of common use a few years ago.

I'm guessing that your problem is because you have some kind of firewalling enabled on your nodes. Try disabling all firewalling (e.g., disable the iptables service), and see if that enables Open MPI to work.