Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Cannot run MPI job across nodes using OpenMPI in F17
From: Ng Shi Wei (nsw_1216_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-13 10:41:07

I am using openmpi-1.6.3. What do you meant with "We stopped supporting bproc after the 1.2 series, though you could always launch via ssh." ?
Best Regards,Shi Wei.
From: rhc_at_[hidden]
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 06:37:56 -0800
To: users_at_[hidden]

What version of OMPI are you running? We stopped supporting bproc after the 1.2 series, though you could always launch via ssh.
On Dec 12, 2012, at 10:25 PM, Ng Shi Wei <nsw_1216_at_[hidden]> wrote:Dear all,
I am new in Linux and clustering. I am setting up a Beowulf Cluster using several PCs according to this guide http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/Beowulf-HOWTO/.

I have setup and configure accordingly except for NFS part. Because I am not requiring it for my application. I have set my ssh to login each other without password. I started with 2 nodes 1st. I can compile and run in my headnode using openmpi. But when I try to run my MPI application across nodes, there is nothing displaying. It just like hanging there.

Headnode: master
client: slave4

The command I used to mpirun across nodes is as below:
Code:mpirun -np 4 --host slave4 outputSince I not using NFS, so I installed OpenMPI in every nodes with same locations.

I wondering I missed out any configurations or not.

Hope someone can help me out of this problem.

Thanks in advance.
users mailing list
users_at_[hidden]