Subject: [OMPI users] Windows support for OpenMPI
From: Damien (damien_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-03 12:32:57

All,

I completely missed the message about Shiqing departing as the OpenMPI
Windows maintainer. I'll try and keep Windows builds going for 1.6 at
least, I have 2011 and 2013 Intel licenses and VS2008 and 2012, but not
2010. I see that the 1.6.3 code base already doesn't build on Windows
in VS2012 :-(.

While I can try and keep builds going, I don't have access to a Windows
cluster right now, and I'm flat out on two other projects. I can test on
my workstation, but that will only go so far. Longer-term, there needs
to be a decision made on whether Windows gets to be a first-class
citizen in OpenMPI or not. Jeff's already told me that 1.7 is lagging
behind on Windows. It would be a shame to have all the work Shiqing put
in gradually decay because it can't be supported enough. If there's any
Microsoft/HPC/Azure folks observing this list, or any other vendors who
run on Windows with OpenMPI, maybe we can see what can be done if you're
interested.

Damien