Subject: [OMPI users] deadlock on intercommunicator after MPI_Comm_spawn_multiple (OS X / Linux)
From: Valentin Clement (valentin.clement_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-03 01:00:59

Hi,

I'm using call to MPI_Comm_spawn_multiple in a quite big application. I've seen a deadlock occurred in a very strange situation. If I'm running my application on my Ubuntu 12.10 with OpenMPI 1.6.3 there is absolutely no problem.

On my Mac OS X 10.8.2 with also OpenMPI 1.6.3, I'm experiencing a dead lock on an intrecommunicator resulting from the MPI_Comm_spawn_multiple only if my ethernet interface is enable. If I disable it, the deadlock is gone.

Anyone has an idea of what is happening ? I joined the output of ompi_info on both OS X and Linux.

Regards,

Valentin

Valentin Clement - Student trainee at RIKEN AICS
Programming Environment Research Team
valentin.clement_at_[hidden]
valentin.clement_at_[hidden]
Master thesis project