Subject: Re: [OMPI users] cluster with iOS or Android devices?
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-28 23:22:27

I seem to vaguely recall someone porting OMPI to the iPad at one time as part of a large-scale, impromptu cluster demo at some conference - everyone was supposed to bring a computer, network them all into a large "cluster", and then run a benchmark to see how fast it would work. I can't find or recall the details though.

There are some ARM folks on this list, though, so perhaps they will speak up - IIRC, there was some more formal effort to make such a port.