Subject: [OMPI users] Can not turn off C++ build.
From: Ray Sheppard (rsheppar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-28 14:19:04

Hello,
   I am trying to build OpenMPI 1.6.3 on an IBM/Intel RHEL-6 cluster.
   I tried building with variations (meaning enable-...=no, disable-,
changing switch order, etc.) of this:

  ./configure CC=icc CFLAGS="-xT -O2" F77=ifort FFLAGS="-xT -O2"
FC=ifort FCFLAGS="-xT -O2" --enable-mpi-cxx=no --disable-mpi-cxx-seek
--enable-static --disable-shared --with-threads=posix
--prefix=/N/soft/rhel6/openmpi/intel/openmpi-1.6.3

I first tried using icpc as a CXX compiler but it dies shortly after
checking the alignment of bool. C++ bindings are not that popular so I
decided to just turn them off. Now, it just picks up g++ and tries
building the C++ bindings anyway:

** C++ compiler and preprocessor
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for the C++ compiler vendor... gnu
checking if g++ supports -finline-functions... yes
configure: WARNING: -finline-functions has been added to CXXFLAGS
checking if C and C++ are link compatible... yes
checking for C++ optimization flags... -O3 -DNDEBUG -finline-functions
checking size of bool... 0
checking alignment of bool... configure: WARNING: *** Problem running
configure test!
configure: WARNING: *** See config.log for details.
configure: error: *** Cannot continue.

It still errors. I am happy to just kill C++ but it won't. What is
wrong? Thanks.
                               Ray

--
                          Respectfully,
                            Ray Sheppard
			RSheppar_at_[hidden]
			http://pti.iu.edu/sciapt
                            317-274-0016
                    Principal Analyst
                    Scientific Applications and Performance Tuning
                    Research Technologies
                    University Information Technological Services
                    IUPUI campus
                    Indiana University
    My "pithy" saying:  Science is the art of translating the world
        into language. Unfortunately, that language is mathematics.
    Bumper sticker wisdom: Make it idiot-proof and they will make a
        better idiot.