Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Java MPI Bindings in 1.6.x
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-28 10:29:01

On Nov 28, 2012, at 10:06 AM, Brock Palen wrote:

> I know java MPI bindings are in the development tree, and the FAQ states they are derived from the HLRS bindings (which I can't appear to find online).

I don't remember exactly where we got them; the repository might not have been public. I know we (i.e., Ralph) scoured around for quite a while before settling on this particular set.

IIRC, we might have gotten this set from our contacts at HLRS, and therefore it might not be on the open web anywhere else.

> Is it possible to take the bindings from the dev tree and build them against the 1.6 stable? If not what mpiJava bindings do you recommend?

Officially, we will not be porting the Java bindings to the v1.6 tree (because it's the stable tree -- no new features will be added).

That doesn't mean it can't be done, however. I think the hard part was figuring out the build system mojo for it, but that's now been done.

If you have users with a genuine interest in using the Java bindings but want to use them with v1.6, I might be able to put up a bitbucket based off the v1.6 branch that includes the Java bindings. It would be great to get some feedback on these (admittedly incomplete) Java bindings.