Subject: [OMPI users] BLCR + Qlogic infiniband
From: William Hay (w.hay_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-28 06:14:33

I'm trying to build openmpi with support for BLCR plus qlogic infiniband
(plus grid engine). Everything seems to compile OK and checkpoints are
taken but whenever I try to restore a checkpoint I get the following error:
- do_mmap(<file>, 00002aaab18c7000, 0000000000001000, ...) failed:
ffffffffffffffea
- mmap failed: /dev/ipath
- thaw_threads returned error, aborting. -22
- thaw_threads returned error, aborting. -22
Restart failed: Invalid argument

This occurs whether I specify psm or openib as the btl.

This looks like the sort of thing I would expect to be handled by the blcr
supporting code in openmpi. So I guess I have a couple ofquestions.
1)Are Infiniband and BLCR support in openmpi compatible?
2)Are there any special tricks necessary to get them working together.