Subject: Re: [OMPI users] PBS jobs with OPENMPI
From: Lloyd Brown (lloyd_brown_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-19 17:37:58

As far as I know, the mpdboot is not needed with OpenMPI. You should
just be able to call mpirun or mpiexec directly.

If your OpenMPI installation was compiled to use the TM API with Torque,
you just do it like this, and it figures it all out:

mpirun myprogram

Otherwise, you will need to supply the number of nodes and nodefile,
like this:

NP=`wc -l $PBS_NODEFILE | awk '{print $1}'`
mpirun -n $NP -hostfile $PBS_NODEFILE myprogram

Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator
Fulton Supercomputing Lab
Brigham Young University