Subject: Re: [OMPI users] valgrind slaves in singleton mode
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-16 22:05:35

Actually, silly me. I didn't fully grok your note to see that you wanted to run valgrind on slaves generated via comm_spawn.

That's a tad trickier, but not too hard to do. There actually is a "fork agent" you can define that will do what you want. If you do this:

mpirun -mca orte_fork_agent "valgrind <options>" <mpirun-options> ./my_app

We will execute "valgrind <options> ./my_app" whenever we start one of your processes. This includes process launched via comm_spawn.

HTH
Ralph