Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Where to start with MPI on OSX?
From: shiny knight (theshinyknight_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-15 02:20:11

Thanks Mark,

Figured out that I had both pointing to the same location....removed MPICH2 by hand, as you mentioned.

Installed OMPI and it works finally (via console thou).

Altho I gotta use sudo before the mpicc or mpiexec, or I get nothing (plus I gotta be in the dir where I installed OMPI to use the commands...not sure if this is right or if I gotta make changes somewhere...I would like to call these commands like I do for grep and other commands ).

Now the next obstacle is to find out how to let Xcode to see the MPI libraries; I can run programs via terminal, but if I try to run them in Xcode I get an error because it cannot find MPI.h; even if i do a

#import <mpi.h>

I suspect that it should work but I am probably missing something....how are you able to use MPI on Xcode? Gotta change some build settings?

Thanks!