Subject: Re: [OMPI users] What is the default install library for PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
From: Zbigniew Koza (zzkoza_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-13 13:44:01

./configure does not compile, but generates the Makefile.

Did you run
> make
> make install
after running ./configure?

Notice also that openmpi can very likely be already installed on your
system from ubuntu packages;
anyway, I suggest you use ubuntu packages rather than compiling from
sources unless you have a
very good reason not to use the packaged version.

you can also quite safely re-run make install to see where the
libraries are going to.

If you're unsure which version of openmpi you have, you can start from
> which mpicc
> mpicc --showme

Z Koza