Subject: Re: [OMPI users] What is the default install library for PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
From: Reuti (reuti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-13 13:31:58

Am 13.11.2012 um 19:26 schrieb huaibao zhang:

> Hi Reuti,
>
> Thanks for your answer. I really appreciate it.
> I am using an old version 1.4.3. for my code. If I only type $./configure, it will compile

Well, it will "configure", but afterwards you need `make` and `make install`. If you are not the root user, you will likely prefer to install it in your own home directory with options like:

$ ./configure --prefix=$HOME/local/openmpi-1.4.3
$ make
$ make install

Any reason not to use the latest version?

-- Reuti