Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Setting RPATH for Open MPI libraries
From: Reuti (reuti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-11 17:11:59

Hi,

Am 05.11.2012 um 04:41 schrieb Jed Brown:

> Jeff, we are averaging a half dozen support threads per week on PETSc lists/email caused by lack of RPATH in Open MPI for non-standard install locations. Can you either make the necessary environment modification more visible for novice users or implement the RPATH option?

I have another question here. It could be fixed by specifying before the compilation with `mpicc`:

export OMPI_LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath,/home/reuti/local/openmpi-1.6.3_shared_gcc/lib"

But this doesn't work, as the original included -L argument is removed in the call to the linker then. Instead both need to be included:

export OMPI_LDFLAGS="-L/home/reuti/local/openmpi-1.6.3_shared_gcc/lib -Wl,-rpath,/home/reuti/local/openmpi-1.6.3_shared_gcc/lib"

Then it works again and the RPATH is included. Why is the necessary -L argument removed by the wrapper during compilation if OMPI_LDFLAGS for additonal flags is used?

-- Reuti