Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Where to start with MPI on OSX?
From: shiny knight (theshinyknight_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-09 18:55:14

Thanks Reuti for the sample.

I have the latest Xcode available on the Apple dev center; Xcode 4 probably?

I think that the reason why nothing happens is because the code runs via MPICH2; tried to launch mpicc with the -echo flag and i see in the output

-I/opt/local/include/mpich2 -L/opt/local/lib -lpmpich -lmpich -lopa -lmpl -lpthread

which makes me think that i am using MPICH2; I just need to figure out how to remove it now...found a dir in opt/local/include that is called mpich2 but I am not sure if is enough to just delete that dir.

 When I have installed OpenMPI I followed the instructions on this site:

https://sites.google.com/site/dwhipp/tutorials/installing-open-mpi-on-mac-os-x

While for MPICH2 I've followed this one:

http://www.mpitutorial.com/installing-mpich2/

Most likely I've put them on top of each other and messed up both