Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Where to start with MPI on OSX?
From: shiny knight (theshinyknight_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-09 02:47:58

Thanks for your replies.

I use Snow Leopard, running ompi_info returns an error (command not found).

I was looking for installers and I remember that I have installed MPICH2 if I recall correctly (I didn't knew about openMPI until today), so I have mpicc installed.

Should I remove MPICH2 and install OpenMPI?

So I can use any of the tutorials already out there? Is there some in particular that explains well the basics? I am planning to write my own wrapper for Objective-C, so maybe other mac users could benefit from it (never learned C properly, started directly with C++). I've also purchased today a book called "parallel programming with MPI (Peter Pacheco), so I can start to learn the basics.

OF course if anyone is using a mac and want to share their hello world, I will be more than happy to check them. So far I had no luck running even a basic app (and it is quite disappointing to see that there are examples for OpenCL even on the Apple dev documentation, while there is not that much around for MPI).

tried to run "mpicc -ObjC -framework Foundation -framework CoreLocation", but I get an error (symbols not found).