Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Where to start with MPI on OSX?
From: Beatty, Daniel D CIV NAVAIR, 474300D (daniel.beatty_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-08 18:55:01

Greetings ladies and gentlemen,
I believe that the last version of OSX to have OpenMPI shipped with the dev tools or the OS was Snow Leopard. That version I believe was version OMPI 1.29.

I am starting to get back to working with MPI myself. The last time I worked with MPI, I basically wrapped the C function into Objective-C. Often I would let Objective-C do the marshaling for me, and have MPI do the message passing itself.

I have read that OMPI from source works on Mountain Lion, but there are some dependencies to make it work with LLVM and to make GCC-Fortran transition to LLVM.

If there are some gurus out there who have done this fill us with wisdom.

V/R,
Dan