Subject: [OMPI users] Where to start with MPI on OSX?
From: shiny knight (theshinyknight_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-08 17:25:52

Hi

I've discovered MPI recently, and I would like to start to write some applications to use it's potential.

Now the problem is that I use a mac, and I see no tutorials or books that are targeting OSX, so I was wondering if you could give me some pointers about where to find info.

I use Xcode; from what I can understand, MPI uses C, so I need to use a console application template for Xcode. I do not see any wrapper for Objective-C, so I assume that C is the only language used for MPI?

Thanks in advance for any info that you can give me; I really like the idea to use MPI for scientific applications, but I am totally new to this (I have experience in C++ on Windows, and a bit of Objective-C on mac). I would love to see tutorials that explains how to do simple apps on mac using MPI, but if they exist, they are very well hidden :)