Subject: Re: [OMPI users] EXTERNAL: Re: How is hwloc used by OpenMPI
From: Blosch, Edwin L (edwin.l.blosch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-08 10:17:52

Thanks, I definitely appreciate the new, hotness of hwloc. I just couldn't tell from the documentation or the web page how or if it was being used by OpenMPI.

I still work with OpenMPI 1.4.x and now that I've looked into the builds, I think I understand that PLPA is used in 1.4 and hwloc is brought in as an MCA module in 1.6.x.

Re: layering, I believe you are saying that the relationship to libnuma is not one where hwloc is adding higher-level functionalities to libnuma, but rather hwloc is a much improved alternative except for a few system calls it makes via libnuma out of necessity or convenience.

Thanks