Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpi_leave_pinned is dangerous
From: Shamis, Pavel (shamisp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-08 09:38:51

Another good reason for ummunotify kernel module
(http://lwn.net/Articles/345013/)

Pavel (Pasha) Shamis

---
Computer Science Research Group
Computer Science and Math Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
On Nov 8, 2012, at 9:08 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
On Nov 8, 2012, at 8:51 AM, Rolf vandeVaart wrote:
Not sure.  I will look into this.   And thank you for the feedback Jens!
FWIW, I +1 Jens' request.  MPI implementations are able to handle network registration mechanisms via standard memory hooks (their hooks are actually pretty terrible, but for the most part, they are generally functional).
If CUDA requires registered memory, then it should also provide hooks so that MPI implementations can "just make it work" from the users' perspective (and please please please provide BETTER hooks than verbs / glibc malloc!).
jsquyres_at_[hidden]<mailto:jsquyres_at_[hidden]>