Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpi_leave_pinned is dangerous
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-08 08:48:33

On Nov 7, 2012, at 7:21 PM, Jens Glaser wrote:

> With the help of MVAPICH2 developer S. Potluri the problem was isolated and fixed.

Sorry about not replying; we're all (literally) very swamped trying to prepare for the Supercomputing trade show/conference next week. I know I'm waaaay behind on OMPI user mails; sorry folks. :-(

> It was, as expected, due to the library not intercepting
> the cudaHostAlloc() and cudaFreeHost() calls to register pinned memory, as would be required for the registration cache to work.

Rolf/NVIDIA -- what's the chance of getting that to be intercepted properly? Do you guys have good hooks for this? (HINT HINT :-) )