Subject: Re: [OMPI users] tester for cygwin openmpi-1.6.3 package
From: marco atzeri (marco.atzeri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-01 14:47:17

On 11/1/2012 5:08 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:
> I think we'd be interested in looking at possibly adding this to the
> code base. We still need to announce this (and will shortly), but our
> Windows maintainer has moved on to other pastures. So support for native
> Windows operations is ending with the 1.6 series, barring someone
> stepping up to fill the void.
>
> Having a cygwin alternative would let people at least continue to work
> on the Windows platform, albeit in a different mode. Is this something
> you are interested in pursuing?

Hi Ralph,
there is no special code on my packages, so deploying a cygwin package
was already on my plan.
It will be just an addition to the other packages for which I am already
the cygwin package maintainer
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint

I want just to be sure that it works as expect before deploying it,
and testing on a notebook is a bit limited.

The only peculiarity I noticed is that the stripped binaries do
not work, so the current package is based on unstripped installation.

Other step is to look if other options can be enabled:

   LDFLAGS="-Wl,--export-all-symbols -no-undefined" \
   --disable-mca-dso \
   --without-udapl \
   --enable-cxx-exceptions \
   --with-threads=posix \
   --without-cs-fs \
   --enable-heterogeneous \
   --with-mpi-param_check=always \
   --enable-contrib-no-build=vt,libompitrace \

--enable-mca-no-build=memory_mallopt,paffinity,installdirs-windows,timer-windows,shmem-sysv

at least "shmem-sysv" should be possible.

Regards
Marco