Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Performance/stability impact of thread support
From: Paul Kapinos (kapinos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-30 06:03:47

At least, be aware of silently disabling the usage of InfiniBand if 'multiple'
threading level is activated:

http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2012/10/11584.php

On 10/29/12 19:14, Daniel Mitchell wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've asked my linux distribution to repackage Open MPI with thread support (meaning configure with --enable-thread-multiple). They are willing to do this if it won't have any performance/stability hit for Open MPI users who don't need thread support (meaning everyone but me, apparently). Does enabling thread support impact performance/stability?
>
> Daniel

Dipl.-Inform. Paul Kapinos   -   High Performance Computing,
Seffenter Weg 23,  D 52074  Aachen (Germany)
Tel: +49 241/80-24915