Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI on Windows when MPI_F77 is used from a C application
From: Mathieu Gontier (mathieu.gontier_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-29 14:33:55

I crashes into the fortran routine calling a MPI functions. When I run the
debugger, the crash seems to be in libmpi_f77.lib, but I cannot go further
since the lib is not in debbug mode.

Attached to this email the files of my small case. But with
less aggressive options, it works.

I did not know the lowst optimization level is /O: I am going to try.

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Damien <damien_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Mathieu,
>
> Where is the crash? Without that info, I'd suggest turning off all the
> optimisations and just compile it without any flags other than what you
> need to compile it cleanly (so no /O flags) and see if it crashes.
>
> Damien
>

> On 26/10/2012 10:27 AM, Mathieu Gontier wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I am willing to use OpenMPI on Windows for a CFD instead of MPICH2. My
> solver is developed if Fortran77 and piloted by a C++ interface; the both
> levels call MPI functions.
>
> So, I installed OpenMPI-1.6.2-x64 on my system and compiled my code
> successfully. But, at the runtime it crashed.
> I reproduced the problem into a small C application calling a Fortran
> function using MPI_Allreduce; when I removed some aggressive optimization
> options from the Fortran, it worked:
> *
>
> -
>
> Optimization: Disable (/Od)
> -
>
> Inline Function Expansion: Any Suitable (/Ob2)
> -
>
> Favor Size or Speed: Favor Fast Code (/Ot)
>
> *
>
> So, I removed the same options from the Fortran parts of my solver, but
> it still crashes. I tried some others, but it still continues
> crashing. Does anybody has an idea? Should I (de)activate some compilation
> options? Is there some properties to build and link against libmpi_f77.lib?
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Mathieu.
>
> --
> Mathieu Gontier
> - MSN: mathieu.gontier_at_[hidden]
> - Skype: mathieu_gontier

Mathieu Gontier
- MSN: mathieu.gontier_at_[hidden]
- Skype: mathieu_gontier

  • application/octet-stream attachment: red.f90