Subject: [OMPI users] System CPU of openmpi-1.7rc1
From: tmishima_at_[hidden]
Date: 2012-10-25 20:53:27

Hi,

I find that system CPU time of openmpi-1.7rc1 is quite different with
that of openmpi-1.6.2 as shown in the attached ganglia display.

About 2 years ago, I reported a similar behavior of openmpi-1.4.3.
The testing method is what I used at that time.
(please see my post entitled "SYSTEM CPU with OpenMPI 1.4.3")

Is this due to a pre-released version's check routine or does
something go wrong?

Best regards,
Tetsuya Mishima

------------------
Testing program:
      INCLUDE 'mpif.h'
      INCLUDE 'dmumps_struc.h'
      TYPE (DMUMPS_STRUC) MUMPS_PAR
      MUMPS_PAR%COMM = MPI_COMM_WORLD
      MUMPS_PAR%SYM = 1
      MUMPS_PAR%PAR = 1
      MUMPS_PAR%JOB = -1 ! INITIALIZE MUMPS
      CALL MPI_INIT(IERR)
      CALL DMUMPS(MUMPS_PAR)
      CALL MPI_COMM_RANK( MPI_COMM_WORLD, MYID, IERR )
      IF ( MYID .EQ. 0 ) CALL SLEEP(180) ! WAIT 180 SEC.
      MUMPS_PAR%JOB = -2 ! FINALIZE MUMPS
      CALL DMUMPS(MUMPS_PAR)
      CALL MPI_FINALIZE(IERR)
      END
( This does nothing but just calls intialize & finalize
routine of MUMPS & MPI)

command line : mpirun -host node03 -np 16 ./testrun

(See attached file: openmpi17rc1-cmp.bmp)