Subject: [OMPI users] Java binding requirements
From: Yoshiki SATO (yoshiki_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-24 00:51:01

Hi,

Recently, I tried to use Java bindings in Open MPI released this February. As far as mentioned in the Java FAQ ( http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=java ), the Java binding implementation doesn't cause any performance degradation because of just wrapping native Open MPI with mpiJava-based APIs. I believe this means no Java code is required to run on all processing nodes (workers) but it has only to run on a master node. Is this understanding correct?

If so, my question is if I need NOT to install JDK to the all nodes. In other words is it possible to have a machine used as a worker without JDK installed?

Thanks a lot for any comment in advance.

Regards,
--yoshiki