Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpi test program "ring" failed: blocked at MPI_Send
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-26 02:10:55

Richard and I iterated more off list:

Short version: the correct "exclude" form for Richard is:

    --mca btl_tcp_if_exclude virbr0,lo

More detail: I totally forgot that while OMPI excludes loopback devices by default, if you override the value of btl_tcp_if_exclude, if you still want loopback to be skipped (and you most likely do), you need to include loopback in your new value. Hence, just excluding virbr0 isn't sufficient (because that then *includes* the loopback devices). Instead, you need to exclude *both* virbr0 and lo. Then all works as expected.

Sorry for the runaround! I'm going to blame it on jet lag. :-)