Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem runing MPI on cluster
From: mariana Vargas (mmarianav_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-25 16:43:45

Hi

I fact I found what is the origin of this problem and it is because
all processes have rank 0, so I tested and in effect even when I send
the clasical Hello.py give the same, how can I solved this?? Do I re
installed every again???

Help please...

Mariana

On Sep 24, 2012, at 9:13 PM, Mariana Vargas Magana wrote:

> Yes you are right this is what it says but if fact the weird thing
> is that not all times the error message appears….I send to 20 nodes
> and only one gives this message, is this normal…
>

> On Sep 24, 2012, at 8:00 PM, Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Well, as it says, your processes called MPI_Init, but at least one
>> of them exited without calling MPI_Finalize. That violates the MPI
>> rules and we therefore terminate the remaining processes.
>>
>> Check your code and see how/why you are doing that - you probably
>> have a code path whereby a process exits without calling finalize.
>>

>> On Sep 24, 2012, at 4:37 PM, mariana Vargas
>> <mmarianav_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I get this error when I run a paralelized python code in a
>>> cluster, could anyone give me an idea of what is happening? I'am
>>> new in this Thanks...
>>>
>>> mpirun has exited due to process rank 2 with PID 10259 on
>>> node f01 exiting improperly. There are two reasons this could occur:
>>>
>>> 1. this process did not call "init" before exiting, but others in
>>> the job did. This can cause a job to hang indefinitely while it
>>> waits
>>> for all processes to call "init". By rule, if one process calls